Back pain, according to statistics, bothers almost every second inhabitant of the planet over the age of 18. They can occur for various reasons. From this article, we will learn about one of the most common reasons: lumbarOsteochondrosis of the spine. It is possible to fight this disease, and even win with success, if you start doing it in the early stages.
it's time to sound the alarm
If you want to successfully deal with a disease such as lumbar osteochondrosis, you should not expect obvious symptoms to appear immediately. At the first stage, you will not feel them.
It's important to realize that people who spend a lot of time sitting or standing in the same position are at higher risk. If, for circumstances or other reasons, this has been the case for you for many years, your spine may be at risk. There is a reason to check the condition of the disease, even if the symptoms of the disease are not visible.
You should not ignore the following "alarm bells", which may indicate that lumbar osteochondrosis has already progressed beyond the first stage.
- Lower back pain. At first, they appear only during loads that are higher than normal, disappearing during rest. Or after being in an uncomfortable position for a long time. Over time, after long walks. During this, such pains constantly bother.
- Gradually, the pain becomes chronic and may be manifested by crying, tingling (with return to the thigh), acute pain, lumbago, etc. Feeling of heat or cold in the small part of the back.
- Dynamically developing pain, sharp. Part of the leg becomes numb, or a feeling of "running goosebumps".
- Symptoms such as: constipation, urinary incontinence, numbness between the legs, menstrual irregularities (in women).
- Feet are cold for no apparent reason, the skin on the feet is flaky.
- The spine begins to bend, the muscles of the lower back are unnaturally tense, it is difficult to fully bend.
- unbearable pain.
All these symptoms, especially if they appear together, and their approximate sequence coincides with those described above, cannot be ignored.
pass the prescribed exam
The doctor you go to will prescribe some examinations and various tests. This is due to the fact that it is not so easy to diagnose this disease. Many laboratory tests are aimed at possible other diseases (eg diseases of internal organs)who have similar symptoms. The best way to determine the cause of MRI is by magnetic resonance imaging (perhaps also with paramagnetic amplification). However, radiography is also used.
An important step in making an accurate diagnosis is now over? Which of the different treatment options would you face now?
Methods of impact on the affected spine
Osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine is treated today in several ways. But all of them can be divided into two large groups: symptomatic (eliminating pain and other consequences of the disease) and pathological (it is believed that thisaffects the cause, eliminates it or prevents development).
Treatment with pain-relieving drugs. Such drugs are prescribed only by the attending physician. Treatment is symptomatic, that is, the person, pleased that everything is restored to its previous healthy state, back carecan stop doing, and in the meantime, the disease will progress without symptoms until the pain manifests itself in a sharp form.
Muscle relaxants are drugs that help relieve muscle spasms - a consequence of the destruction of the discs, therefore, such treatment has a symptomatic type of effect.
Physiotherapy effect. These include a wide range of methods that affect lumbar osteochondrosis through the skin. This treatment:
- high frequency current;
Various extensions of the spine: in water or with hardware. You should be careful when using this method if the lumbar osteochondrosis is already in an advanced stage.
The homeosynthetic method is a treatment in which homeo-preparations are introduced point-wise to the affected area (or rather, a certain active point on the body), which helps the body get rid of toxins.
Hirudotherapy (treatment with leeches). They bring invaluable help, helping many patients to forget the disease for many years. It is believed that the leech gives the body hirudin, which improves blood circulation in the affected areaPerforms, and anesthetizes and relieves the inflammatory process.
Osteochondrosis of the lumbar, provided that there are no protrusions, disc herniation and other contraindications, few rely on an experienced chiropractor - a massage working along the spine.
Special exercises for relieving pain in osteochondrosis. When choosing a set of such exercises for yourself, it is best to consult a doctor.
Pathogenic method developed by experts
I would particularly like to focus on interstitial stimulation with physiological flow (VTES). Under the guidance of the professor, a new method of exposure was developed to improve blood circulation inside the vertebral bone.
It is believed that due to the weakening of such blood flow, the nutrition of the disc is markedly impaired, resulting in a gradual loss of its properties, its ability to function normally, and consequently its destruction.
The essence of the method is to give physiological current to the affected vertebrae bypassing the skin - a natural insulator. Physiological current is similar to the current generated in our body, which is amplified several times. It is fed through a needle -Electrodes inserted at a certain depth (under the skin) at the site of pathology, i. e. at a certain point on the back. The current powerfully stimulates the vessels inside the bones of the vertebrae, improving the nutrition of the discs.
According to the results of studies (needle rheography, polyrhyography), blood circulation inside the bones, including the lumbar spine, improves dramatically. The disc is completely restored (osteochondrosis in the early stages).
In the later stages, lumbar osteochondrosis gives symptoms such as severe persistent back pain due to a protrusion or herniated disc. Interestingly, the treatment of VTES in the shortest possible time allows a dense woven capsule to re-form around the hernia. allows, inhibits its growth, and even reduces its size.
good prevention tips
- Knowing that working several hours in a stationary position, especially while sitting at a computer, is something you can do. For example, take breaks every hour, do stretching, and move around. Keep the correct posture. Some help with this by specially built reformersFor example, with neodymium magnets.
- Constantly lifting heavy weights also contributes to the development of the disease, so you need to know the rules of how to lift them correctly.
- Try to avoid hypothermia, back injuries. Watch your weight, strengthen your back muscles, do moderate sports, go swimming, then you will not need treatment.
- If you start treatment from an early stage, or keep it under control, it is quite possible to defeat lumbar osteochondrosis.